Every one knows that there are thousands of languages in different countries around the world.
Each country has it’s own culture, traditions, and way of living or celebrating any occasion. Similarly New Year’s Eve is an eve celebrated all over the world in different ways and with multitude titles around the world.
Below are a names of New Year Eve in few countries.
Different Names of New Year’s Eve Around the World :
- Hogmanay – Scotland
- Calennig – Wales
- Silvester – Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine
- Réveillon – France and Brazil
- Old Year’s Night – Caribbean and Iceland
- Ano Novo – Brazil, Portugal
- Año Nuevo – Latin America
- Nochevieja – Spain
- Cap d’Any – Catalan Countries
- Oud en Nieuw – Netherlands, Belgium, Suriname, Netherlands Antilles
- Nyårsafton – Sweden
- Uusivuosi – Finland